Sunday 27 October 2013

My Trading Platform of Choice - eToro

So one of my friends was asking me about trading platforms. The truth is, I've lived in a couple of different countries and trade stocks in a few different exchanges from different countries. For exchanges where it was convenient for me to engage a local brokerage, that's what I did. For others and other types of markets, I use eToro.

Why eToro?


  1. It covers a multitude of markets. Commodities, NYSE, NASDAQ, Forex, etc. Take your pick. Trade in all these markets and more all through 1 platform.
  2. Social trading. Their eToro Open Book allows you to browse profiles of other traders and even set up your account to automatically copy other traders' accounts. While I've never tried the auto copy function, I can see how this might come in handy (if you have the risk appetite for it). Beyond being able to view other peoples trades, they've got a great community going so the opportunity to learn is limitless.
  3. Mobile app. I love this. I can check the markets anywhere, anytime. Trade anywhere, anytime. 
  4. Regulated. eToro is regulated by UK's Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). While I'm not a UK citizen or resident, it does gives me some piece of mind that there's someone looking over their shoulder. Afterall, we're not trading with pocket change.
  5. Customer service. While I've never had need to engage them, eToro boasts a 24/7 customer service team. I hope I never have need to make use of this service, but it's nice to know it's available.
If all the above meets your criteria for a trading platform, click here to open an account.


No comments:

Post a Comment